Here’s a brief overview of the past decade for me and my business, SORTED!
I’m still working on the page showing my hairstyles from the past 10 years, but I’m sure you can recall at least three of them.
- Founded SORTED! organising & decluttering Pty Ltd.
- Completed Certificate IV in small Business.
- Presenter on 13 episodes of Your Life on the Lawn (Channel 7)
- Ran first workshop (IKEA).
- Appeared on Channel 10s The Panel.
- Founded AAPO with steering committee colleagues Lisa Baldwin, Wendy Davie, Lisa Rowley, and Amanda Sarden.
- Led a drive of industry members to have Yellow Pages heading created for “Organisers – home and/or office”.
- Served on first committee of AAPO as VP and second committee as President.
- Presenter of craft and design on 43 episodes of Better Homes and Gardens.
- Kathryn Hennig joined the team.
- Completed Cert IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.
- Consulting around Australia; hands on services, speaking and workshops.
- Was a guest on ABC TVs Collectors with my snow domes.
- My snow dome collection featured at The Melbourne Museum as part of the Community Collections.
- Regular contributor to www.Flyingsolo.com.au
- Launched webstore.
- Launched blog.
- My first book published: SORTED! the ultimate guide to organising your life – once and for all. It flies off the shelves, becoming a bestseller.
- Joined NAPO.
- Attended the NAPO Conference in Reno, NV, USA.
- Launched Professional Organiser Training Unit 1 Unit 1, full day intensive for those wanting to work in the industry.
- Regular contributor to ww.flyingsolo.com.au
- Jan Malcolm joined the team.
- My book, SORTED! is translated into four languages. I’m now an international bestselling author!
- Became a NAPO Golden Circle member.
- Attended the NAPO Conference in Orlando, FL, USA.
- Speaker at NAPO conference in Orlando, FL, USA
- AIM regional tour.
- Lucky to be flown to the outback for speaking engagement – a terrific experience.
- SORTED! book nominated at the NAPO LA Organizing Awards.
- Sandy Newton-Kearnes joined the team.
- Featured in Corinne Grant’s book Lessons in Letting Go: Confessions of a Hoarder
- Started production of comic series
- AIM regional tour
- Joined ICD (formerly NSGCD)
- Completed production of comic series (6 in total)
- Launched units 2-6 of Professional Organiser Training
- Attended NAPO conference in San Diego, CA, USA
- Co-presented 6 Steps to your Organised Life workshops in Sydney and Melbourne, with international colleagues, Chantale Bordonaro, Joshua Zerkel.
- Have now trained over 100 Professional Organising students from all over Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.
- First published in NAPO News, cover article.
- Held first ever SORTING workshops.
- Celebrated 10 years in business and gave away thousands of dollars worth of product and services to celebrate.
- Speaker at Happiness and its causes – approaching 100 speaking engagements to date.
- Over 100,000 copies of my book have been sold.
- Countless souls now saved from clutter and lack of organisation 🙂
- Launched e-comics on Amazon.
- Selected as a Garage Sale Trail ambassador.
- Guest Presenter at Flying Solo webinar.
- Authoring for ICDs newsletter, The Chronical
- Contrbuted to the Fitzroy Academy of Getting Shit Done.
- Selected to deliver professional organiser training at NAPO conference in Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Trained over 200 potential Professional Organisers; the leader in PO training in Australasia
- Officeworks Ambassador Master Your Workspace campaign
Who would’ve thunk any of these incredible experiences could have unfolded when I worked from my dining table back in 2002. Following what I love has reaped many benefits. The team at SORTED! and many of my organising colleagues have made the journey brilliant.