People, I know it’s tough to try and keep up with everything, but my heart breaks when the voiceless creatures in homes or offices neglected. I see it far too often. Some organising your pet ideas:
- Clean out that fish tank. Regularly.
- Walk the dog. At LEAST once a day. Try and make it twice.
- Play with your cat. Several times a week.
- Walk the bunny. Or at least set it free for some parole once in a while
- Empty the litter tray, wash it completely at least weekly
- Socialise with all your animals! Living creatures aren’t ornaments.
Further, we’re talking:
- desexing (essential with cats and dogs, not sure about rabbits)
- watering & feeding (fresh bowls daily, not weekly)
- fresh plants for the fishies
- a balanced diet, I’m talking diversity
- periodically wash their bedding
- worming, vaccinations, etc.
- holiday care and special attention if fireworks or celebrations are happening.
If you have kids, and they are not pitching in, it’s time for some tough love. Living creatures need maintenance.
Get in a routine, create a roster, stick to it. You have a responsibility and you have skills they don’t. Please, organise yourself to make sure you regularly care for your animals. They deserve the best possible care. They thank you for their care! I thank you for their care!
If you don’t have the time, energy or organisational skills for your animals, you need to rehouse them with someone who can care for them.
Have I missed anything?