Routines REALLY help you stay organised. You know what to expect and you know you’ve allowed time for chores or tasks that you might put off, and off, and off.
Money Monday is the perfect way to start the week. Most of us don’t like managing finances but the more you embrace this routine, the easier you’ll find the job.
Here’s some more tips to get you started:
- Focus on gathering paperwork, paying bills, and filing anything to do with finances.
- Remember to check and empty your wallet, car, pockets, bedside drawer etc. Gather up all the receipts and proof of purchase you can find.
- Finish, forward, file, flick all your Money Monday papers.
- REMEMBER to also print out any invoices that have been emailed (if you don’t want to print them, that’s fine, just make sure you have a system for marking them as paid!)
- If you run a business: use business hours for business bookkeeping and use after hours for personal accounts.
- Behind in your tax paperwork? Make sure you have no interruptions whatsoever until you catch up!
- Setting a timer or promising yourself a reward can make a big difference.
What do you always (or never do on a Monday?) I’d love to know what works and what doesn’t.
(and tomorrow, I’ll give you some suggestions for Tuesday!)