I made the most delicious home made pizza last night. As I bit into the first piece, and I felt a searing pain on my cheek – a boiling half cherry tomato squirted onto my skin. I squealed and squealed and squealed! Luckily, quick action from husband meant our ice bag was applied in a matter of seconds.
Be prepared and minimise your injuries!
FIRST AID ORGANISATIONAL TIPS:
- Empty your ice cubes into a plastic container so they are less hassle to use when you need for drinks or cooling a burn, bruise or sprain.
- Use a bag of peas if you have no ice ready; the packet will wrap snugly around a wrist, leg or heavens forbid, a head.
- Take ten minutes and discard any old creams, ointments, vitamins etc from your medicine cabinet. If you’re in a hurry or feeling crook, why waste time wading through stuff that doesn’t matter?
- Do you have multiples of some items? Create a travel kit for the car or your suitcase.
- Always stash a few Band-Aids in your purse or bag, I love love love having one on hand when I need one. From cuts to covering a scratchy clothing tag they are super handy.
Did you know the Bee Gees could save a life? Share the word peeps – even if a person does not have first aid training, “performing chest compressions on an unconscious person who was not breathing to the beat of the Bee Gees song Stayin’ Alive is the best thing to do.” From The Age Newspaper
- Do you have any more tips to share? I’d love to hear them!