I can’t stand to see those stupid photos of clear containers with a frickin’ label on them – WTF? You can see what’s inside… labelling is superfluous! It gives organising a bad name.It smacks of anal, A type personalities. Peeps who rearrange things when you’ve stacked the dishwasher. Urrrrgh!
HOWEVER! Labels are worth their weight in gold when used for anything that:
- is containerised (and generally speaking, not transparent)
- is stored high or deep and hard to reach
- contains complex contents (eg, something like archives)
- is not easily recalled (dates, names, details)
- would benefit from the finishing touch of a good-lookin’ label.
What needs labelling at yours? What’s neglected? What’s under control? What are you proud of? I love this label I made for much loved husband Mark!