You have to be careful what you wish for! My old shredder gave up the ghost and then swooping out of the universe appears a beautiful new Rexel Auto 100+ Shredder. Just in time for End of Financial Year.
I’d seen them online: they feature a flip top lid where you can load up 100 pages at a time. Looks like it would handle the needs of my busy little office. This shredder means business.
· Easy to use. Intuitive design. Clear instructions about things you should and shouldn’t do thanks to clear visual symbols.
· The flip top lid really does allow you to lay a stack of up to 100 sheets of paper to be auto shredded once the lid is closed. Are you serious?! I don’t have to hand feed my little munchy critter anymore? What a great time saver. There is a regular slot at the top if you want to feed smaller quanties
· A drawer for the shredded paper! I love a drawer. No more lifting up a top heavy lid to check or empty the contents.
· A removable brown paper catchment liner (ok, lets call it a bag) so you can manage the shredding. Refill bags available.
· Seems a little slower than the shredders that sound like aeroplanes taking off but then you can do 100 pages at a time, remember? That means less hand feeding from you with hardly any noise. Yay!
· Looks awesome! Nice and solid, you take one look and say “that’s going to get the job done”. I am a little weary of seeing any piece of equipment and think, oh, is that it?
· Slick styling, discreet, curves in the right places.
· Make sure your shredder is close at hand so you can feed it regularly. If you have room, within arm’s reach is perfect.
· Oil the blades from time to time; look after what looks after you.
· Remember to empty the bag of shredder paper. Oh hang on, the Rexel Auto +100 will stop working if you need to empty the bag. Love that.
· Shredded paper can be cat litter tray fodder too.
· Most shredders don’t like paper that’s too crumpled; the feeder mechanism will struggle to grip the paper properly. Best to shred flat sheets instead.
Keep an eye out for any specials that may be happening at your local stationery office supplier or retailer – with end of financial year looming, business machines like Rexel Shredders are often discounted to help you upgrade your office equipment.
For full product details, visit the Acco website.
Disclosure: Our Rexel Shredder was provided gratis in return for the above review.
In the Melb Metro area MBA Office National are offering a free 7 day trial of the Rexel Auto+100 Shredder (valid until August 31 2011, conditions apply, ask when you contact them).
Better still, MBA Office National have offered to extend their national corporate rates to SORTED! readers. This means you’ll save hard earned dollars.
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your company details and mention SORTED! Or if you have questions, call on 03 9459 6666. Thanks MBA Office National!